About the Mysteries
The Calico Cat Mysteries are cozy mysteries featuring Olivia, a clever, intuitive, smart, and sassy calico cat. Olivia often teams up with her favorite person, Parker Campbell, an investigative reporter, on tough and tantalizing assignments. While some of Parker’s assignments revolve around hard-hitting criminal cases, she and Olivia often find themselves drawn into more frivolous and sometimes dramatic situations. If you’ve enjoyed the Klepto Cat Mysteries by Patricia Fry, you’ll adore these fun, enlightening, suspenseful, and enticingly charming stories introducing the calico cat in all of her mischievous and exquisite glory.
Calico Cat Facts
- Calico cats originated in Egypt.
- They are thought to bring good luck.
- Calico is not a breed, but a color.
- Breeds with calico coloring include Persian, Japanese Bobtail, Manx, Maine Coon, and others.
- Calico cats are almost always female. The rare male is sterile.
- Calico cats are 25% to 75% white.
- Calico cats can be found in shelters and in feral cat colonies and rescued or adopted, but if you were to purchase one you may have to pay anywhere from $1,000 to $2,000.
- A tabby calico is called a Cabby.
- The calico cat is the official state cat of Maryland.
- Typical calico cat names include Patches, Picasso, Mosaic, Harlequin, Callie, Camo, Amaretto, and Fancy.